Monday, May 18, 2009

Odds & Ends...and Pete's Project

We went through a tough few days with the kids a couple weeks ago. Basically they were kids being kids. Siblings being siblings. Fighting, arguing...arguing, fighting. ALL.DAY.LONG! Thankfully that passed after 3-4 days and the last couple weeks they are back to being best friends.

A couple days ago we were enjoying a leisurely morning. I was having coffee and reading the paper while the kids were playing together. I wasn't really paying attention to them until Izzy asked me to take their picture.

Here's the picture.
Photobucket

And a close-up.
Photobucket

Once I explained why a rope around the neck is not a good idea, they went off to play some more...and then requested I take this picture.
Photobucket

Now for something really exciting! Pete has been working on a shelving unit for the kids playroom (aka: converted living room). We have very little storage so this goes a long way to help out! Pete worked hours upon hours to put together these selves and install them. He also installed the pocket door you see. How talented is he????

Photobucket

The top shelves will store craft stuff (currently being stored on shelves in my washer/dryer closet). The middle will have books and puzzles. The lower cabinets are for large toys. The tall cabinet on the far right will hold my vacuum, mop, drying rack, etc. FUN FUN FUN!!! I am beyond excited to head to Ikea to begin getting fun totes and storage stuff.

Photobucket

Photobucket

We have also begun labeling various things in this room. Drew is really into "reading". He likes to find the bin with his name on it and say, "Dis one says Drew. D.R.E.W. That says Drew-drew." Izzy, of course, loves to walk around the room and quiz Drew on the various words. Besties I tell ya!

Photobucket

Speaking of Ikea (one of my all time favorite stores). Pete picked up these fun lights for Izzy's room when he stopped there last week. She LOVES them, and so do I! As a matter of fact we decided she needs a white flower to go in between these two pink ones. Drew will also get a set of stars/moon for his room.

Photobucket

Last but not least...I went to the grocery store yesterday and when I got home this is what I found.

Photobucket

Why doesn't the kid nap for me anymore? Pete says it is because he feels safe and secure in his daddy's lap. Gag! The blanket and Cat in the Hat are compliments of his big sister :)

4 comments:

Christie said...

Izzy's room is adorable!

~aj~ said...

That shelving unit is awesome! Way to go, Pete!

Kristin said...

LOVE the shelves...where'd you get 'em? And I'm so impressed he did a pocket door himself! Our contractor didn't even like the idea at our house. Boo.

jaclyn said...

Love it! I wish Mike was handy! Awesome job Pete!