Wednesday, May 6, 2009

One Month Ago ...Magic Kingdom

*note: it will not let me spell check right now and I am too tired/lazy to do it myself. Here is the post...unedited.

After rescheduling our Florida vacation due to Izzy's broken leg we finally made it. Magic Kingdom was certainly the highlight for Izzy and Drew.

Entering Magic Kingdom
Photobucket
I would like it noted that I NEVER let my children wear character apparel. However, for our day at Disney I made an exception.


So, ...OMG! The kids had a blast! Okay, truth be told, so did Pete and I :)

Izzy loved EVERY.SINGLE.MINUTE of the entire day. Drew either loved it or hated it. Izzy loved it so much that she is already planning our next trip back and has her next round of souveniers picked out.

We did not stay at the park so we left Omi and Papa's (my parents rent a house outside of Orlando for the winter) house at 6:45 am to allow enough time to get to the park, park the car, take the monorail over, get our tickets, and find our breakfast location. We had reservations at The Crystal Palace which hosts breakfast with Winnie the Pooh and friends.

Before locating The Crystal Palace we stopped for some ever popular pictures in front of Cinderella's Castle.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are the kids peaking in the window and realizing they are about to come up close to some characters.
Photobucket

It was a buffet and it was actually really good. I was able to order a custom omlet from the omlet maker and the kids got waffles shaped liked Mickey. Izzy embraced every character that came to our table, and Drew snuggled into my armpit a bit further each time one showed up. With breakfast we got a fastpass to Mickey's Philharmagic which was awesome because it was one of the shows I was looking most forward to.

Photobucket

Photobucket
This was the first character that came to our table. After Tigger left, Drew quickly asked to sit next to me.

Photobucket

I felt that I had planned our our "route" pretty well based on the wishes of the kids. Our first stop was Aladdin's Carpet Ride because of its proximity to breakfast. We walked right on and the kids loved it. Drew loved it so much that as we were getting off he threw a big 'ole tantrum and yelled that he wanted to ride again, stay on, blah blah blah. Pete and I looked at one another and thought what a wonderful day we had ahead of us if Drew did this every single time. We did what any good parents would do and got right back on the ride. Thankfully after the second time he didn't protest us getting off.

Both kids rated The Magic Carpets of Aladdin as one of the favorites of the day. They are already planning who will get to sit in the front seat to steer and who will sit in the backseat (Drew) to make the camels spit water on our next visit.
Photobucket

From there we went into The Tiki Room which I will say we found very lame and both kids hated. It was dark, creepy and loud. Our last stop in Adventureland was the boat cruise which was cute.

Then the fun really began. The park was getting more and more crowded and the rain clouds were quickly approaching. I will say that we did a really great job and packing a ton into our day. You name it, we probably did it - both age appropriate and not age appropriate ;)

Izzy's "must ride" choice was Mad Tea Party (aka: spinning teacups). She was super excited and this ride did not disappoint. Pete gets ill just watching the ride so he and Drew sat this one out.
Photobucket
Pete snapped that picture mid-spin...not bad.

We decided to head to Mickey's Toontown Fair next, but I am not sure why? I think because Drew was insisting we see Mickey and Tootles. Of course we never did find Tootles, but the kids LOVED touring all the houses of their favorite Disney characters. While in Toontown it started to rain as we waited in line for The Barnstormer. I was so afraid we were not going to be able to ride the rollercoaster. I LOVE rollercoasters and was so excited to see what the kids thought. I didn't think Drew would actually get on the ride, but he did. He and I sat in the last car and I think the boy was SO SCARED that he wanted to cry, but just couldn't. I was very surprised with all the twists, turns, and speed that this coaster travelled.

Next ride was Drew's "must ride"...Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. We had grabbed a fastpass for this ride so we got on right away. You can only imagine Drew's excitement when we spotted this statue while we were in line.
Photobucket

Unfortunately Drew did not have the same enthusiasm when we got to meet Buzz in person.
Photobucket
Do you see him back there :)

He finally agreed to a high five with his hero.
Photobucket

Pete and I had a favorite attraction: Mickey's PhilharMagic. If you ever go to Disney, you MUST check this out. It is a 3D movie that is incredible! When corks from bottles in the movie "pop" off...you feel a burst of air. When water in the movie splashes, you get sprayed. When Ariel is singing and jewels are floating around her, they appear to be right in front of you. Izzy actually tried to reach out and grab them. Drew, and another child behind us, screamed through the entire performance. Sometimes I forget he is only 2 :( Still...if we went back tomorrow I would drag him in again just so I could watch it.

Another high light for Pete and me was watching the expressions on Izzy and Drew faces during the parade. We actually got to see two parades and both were fantastic! With each character that appeared the kids seemed to get more and more excited. It seemed every character was the new favorite. ...until the next float showed up ;)
Photobucket

We also took in a show at Cinderella's Castle. Drew needed to get a better view of his favorite friend Mickey.
Photobucket

Izzy requested me to take pictures of this show because it had her favorites...the princesses.
Photobucket

While walking to ride some more rides Drew took a little snooze.
Photobucket

Waiting in line for Dumbo.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Can you see Drew in the Dumbo behind Pete and Izzy. Yes, I just left him there so I could snap a quick picture of these guys :)

Our last ride of the day was the Cinderella's Golden Carrousel. I can't remember what Izzy named her horse, but Drew named his "Poo-Poo". Great. He thought this was so funny and just kept saying "Giddy up Poo-poo." I told him that was not such a nice name, so he asked "Is Stinky a nice name?" Good times.
Photobucket

Whenever we discussed our trip to Disney, Izzy always asked if she could get cotton candy. Finally as we were heading out we got the kids cotton candy. The bites they are eating here are probably all they ate. We buy it...they take 2-3 bites...and then decide they don't really like it.
Photobucket

Both kids also picked out a souvenier. Izzy made a princess charm bracelet and Drew chose a "spinny Buzz".
Photobucket

Photobucket

Someday in another year or two, we will do an all out Disney trip. Although neither Pete nor myself consider ourselves Disney fanatics, I think we would like to do the entire Disney experience at least once while the kids are young. What I am certain of is that when we do go back it will be during the off season and not over Easter!

2 comments:

jaclyn said...

Thanks for posting! :) Such cute pics...glad you all had a blast! I love the one of Drew passed out! How did the kids like the roller coaster? Hope to see you guys soon!

Kristin said...

Awesome!!! It's here! Man, how much does this remind me of our trip...from kids screaming through the 3D movies, the 2 year old being terrified of the characters, naps in the stroller...

What a great time! I would love to do the Florida Disney someday soon.