Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Mother's Day (and 200th post)

I had the most wonderful Mother's Day! The day was filled with huge smile and lots of giggles from the small people that gave me the title Mom.

Our Sunday started out pretty routine with Pete and Izzy heading off to Starbucks for our weekly mochas. Once Drew and I got up we came downstairs where I got an unprompted "Happy Mother's Day" from Drew. ...I'm not certain, but he might have heard Oooh and Ahhh say it on Noggin?

Once Pete and Izzy got back, 90 minutes later, they set to work in the kitchen. I was then presented with this fruit tray.

Photobucket

They also brought home a cheese danish which required a trip to a second grocery store. Izzy insisted they find one because it is, as she told Pete, my favorite! ...it isn't my favorite, but it sure is Izzy's :) So young and already playing her father.

After breakfast I went for a run. Once home it was time to make lunch. Pete went to the gym and the kids and I had lunch and then Drew took a nap. That was a gift in itself as he is desperately trying to give it up. With Drew down for a nap, Izzy settled in for some quiet time and I got to relax and watch a movie. Izzy and Pete had picked me up Mama Mia while they were out.

After Drew's nap, the real fun began! Do you remember how we went to the carnival the night before, but got rained out? Well we decided to go back. The weather was gorgeous and we had a bunch of ride tickets to use so off we went. The kids had a BLAST! Pete and I had just as much fun watching them. They rode every ride together and were full of giggles and smiles. It couldn't have been more perfect, honestly. I loved amusement parks as a child and I can see that both my kids are going to take after me. The faster the better! And if it spun, awesome!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

It is hard to see in this picture, but Drew just kept looking back at Izzy with a huge smile while on this ride.
Photobucket

Izzy got brave here and rode with no hands.
Photobucket

We took in a game - fishing.
Photobucket

And check out the prizes!
Photobucket

What would a carnival be without a snowcone?
Photobucket

Photobucket

The next couple are priceless...these two rides were for the fearless toddlers and both my kids LOVED them!

Waiting for the roller coaster to start.
Photobucket

Check out this action shot!
Photobucket

Getting ready for a spin.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Here are a couple video snip-its of the kids on rides. This was Drew's second roller coaster ride, but his first without an adult. There is also a shot of them on the kids "Tilt-a-Whirl".



My heart swelled as I watched my two beautiful kids just being kids. ...not a care in the world. I had originally thought I wanted to spend some time alone for Mother's Day, but am sure glad that we did this instead. Gosh I love those kids...and their daddy :)

1 comments:

~aj~ said...

I can't imagine anything more wonderful on Mother's Day than seeing smiles like that on my kids faces. Glad you had such a super day!