Saturday, March 28, 2009

Doughnuts With Dad

Friday was a very special day for both Isabelle and Pete. It was Doughnuts With Dad day at school. Pete took Izzy to school and then stayed for doughnuts.

Izzy was BEYOND excited for this day. In fact, she insisted on Pete helping to pick out what she wore. She picked her shirt and then asked him to pick the bottoms.

Photobucket

When I was getting ready to do her hair, she wanted pigtails because that is how she wore her hair when she went to the movies with Pete once. She remembered him telling her that he really liked her hair in pigtails. How cute is she.

Photobucket

Pete brought several things home from his morning: a green construction paper tie that had frogs on it made out of Izzy's fingerprints; an I Love You Bunches picture which had a bunch of grapes on it made out of Izzy's fingerprints; a self portrait of Pete in which Izzy put Pete in a green shirt (his favorite color) and gave him light brown hair (even though Pete still thinks he has blond hair); a DADDY bingo game; and a questionnaire regarding Pete.

Here are the questions and Izzy's answers:

1. My Dad likes to: play Little People
2. My Dad is good at: Wii Memory
3. My Dad and I like to: play tag (but I'm faster)
4. I love it when my Dad: scrambles eggs for me
5. My Dad likes it when: I tickle him
6. My Dad is great because: he's the best Dad ever!

When I picked Izzy up from school she was all a flutter about how much fun she had with her daddy at school. She is certainly his little princess!

I was dreading our Friday afternoon because Drew was showing no signs of napping and I was not feeling well. I decided to make a quick run to the grocery store (triple coupons) and pick up a Redbox movie for the kids. Side note: Since we are having triple coupons currently at our grocery store I have been twice this week. The first trip I got $46 worth of groceries for $16. The second trip I spent $14.18 (and bought a bag of Cheetos for which I did not have a coupon - that was $3) and saved in coupons $31.71. I am totally getting this coupon thing. So, once back at home we watched our Eloise Goes To Hollywood movie and then decided to bake a cake! We got a near free cake mix and frosting at the store, so why not?

Beware, some may not like that the kids are eating cake batter...so if it bugs you then don't look!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Pete surprised the kids by bringing home Mario Kart for the Wii. Our weekend calls for lots of rain, and with 3 out of the 4 of us feeling crummy we figured it might be a fun way to pass the time. So far Mario Kart has been a huge hit!

0 comments: