Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Potty Training Drew

Much to my dismay, Drew is showing interest in going on the "big potty". I turned this task over to Pete since they are made up of the same parts :) Onto some excerpts of our experiences with Drew and his potty training journey.

I came home from shopping one day and Pete told me that Drew went on the potty. I was shocked, since he has only ever peed on the floor for me, and asked how he did it? Pete told me that he had to go to the bathroom and said, "Drew, wanna come watch me?" Drew ran back to the bathroom to meet Pete, and Pete asked him if he wanted to try to. Drew declined, but watched Pete. A little while later Drew said, "Daddy, wanna watch me?" and then took off for the bathroom. Sure enough he went in the potty.

Another time Drew was running naked and I asked him if he had to go potty. He went back to the bathroom and attempted to go. When nothing came out he looked up at me and said, "I can't do it. It's broken."

Most times if I ask him, Drew will tell me that he doesn't have to go potty. So one time I just said, "hey, can you show me how you go potty?" That was just the challenge he needed as he was off and running for the bathroom. When I got back there he said, "First, I move da stool right here (and pushed it in front of the toilet). Den I pick up the seat yike dis. See Mama. (good boy lifted the seat - he couldn't have possibly learned that from Pete!) Then I take my p3n!s (starts with a "p" and ends with an "s") and I pull it yike dis! (He proceeds to pull apart the tip of his wee-wee)." He got the funniest, hardest look of concentration on his face and then he peed! Hooray, he peed!!! Notice that I didn't say where he peed :) With those little fingers in the way streams of pee were flying all over the bathroom. I think I scared him when I tried to reach in and adjust his sprayer.

Finally, Drew was in the bathroom watching Pete pee one day and looked up at Pete and said, "Wow Daddy, you have a really big p3n!s". When Pete was retelling me the story he said, "It doesn't matter who says it honey, you never forget the first time you hear that!" :)

3 comments:

Alisha said...

HILARIOUS!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

OMG, I have never laughed so hard in the morning! AWESOME story!!

Kristin said...

"Pull apart the tip"???? What is Pete teaching him?!?!

But such cute stories, and I'm still smiling about the last one and so nervous about what we might do with PTing Dalton. Before the baby in the nice pantless summer but he might not be ready and might regress with the new baby OR after baby when I've got my hands FULL? Ugh.