Monday, March 9, 2009

To Nap or Not To Nap

For a couple months Drew has been toying with the idea of not napping. It started about 8 weeks ago, with him napping 4-5 times a week. Since Izzy broke her leg he has napped maybe 1-2 times a week. I am REALLY hoping that it has to do with the fact that we have not been ask active. I need Drew to nap. I have found that without him napping, Izzy has no quiet time. With both kids in my presence at all times I have lost control of my house, and probably my mind. Moms all around the world can back me up here when I say it is amazing how much can get accomplished in one hour of kid free time! Some how cleaning is even more enjoyable without children underfoot. ...I don't even mind the cleaning, but rather really enjoy the quiet.

It is a tricky transition going from nap to no nap. It makes my day longer and ultimately uglier around 5 at night. I find at 5, I begin to count down the two hours left until bedtime. I remember this transition with Izzy being hard and I think it will be harder with Drew. I actually don't mind him not napping, because bedtime is so much earlier (with a nap he is my night owl - and I love having him up with Pete and me for some one on one time) but I do need him "out of sight" for about an hour. Some days I put him in his own crib, and other days I let him have quiet time in my room.

One day both kids were being really quiet in my room for quiet time. Izzy came downstairs after about 40 minutes because our friends came over. I expected Drew to follow. When he didn't, I went to check on him and found this...
Photobucket

So tired that he fell asleep with his hand in his snack bowl...
Photobucket

0 comments: