Friday, June 5, 2009

Dress Rehearsal

For those wondering Drew ended up going to camp with Izzy again on both Wednesday and Thursday. I intended to keep him home with me on Wednesday but once we dropped Izzy off he walked into his classroom and said bye. I got his lunch out of the car; took it in; and cancelled our plans with friends. I simply came home and was much more productive than the previous day. Thursday he went to camp again, and I went to the dentist and got a cavity filled. Good times, good times. I am very hopeful that he will do fine in the MMO program both he and Izzy begin in a couple weeks. ...more on that and why it is so important later.

Today we started off kind of slow. After a very busy week we didn't leave our house until 11. I would have been happy staying in all day, but we had stuff to do. First stop, a haircut for Drew. Then we went to the bank, Krispy Kreme for a free donut, and Toys R Us for a new leapster game. Once we were back home the kids had a late lunch and then it was time to get Izzy ready for her dress rehearsal.

Here she is!
Photobucket

I must say that the instructors who run the show are amazing! I took Izzy backstage and there was a long strip of masking tape on the floor and it had the names of all the girls in her class on it. She was to sit on her name. Lucky for her she was the first name (closest to the stage) which allowed her to easily watch all the routines. She was also able to spot me in my seat. I sat in the seat I have assigned for tomorrow so she would know where to find me.

She found me ;)
Photobucket

We were allowed to take pictures today (no flash) and video tape, so I did the video camera and handed the lady next to me my camera. Unfortunately I didn't check the setting and had it set wrong. No biggie because I didn't think I was going to get any actual pictures of her dancing. I figure the grandparents will want to see these even if they are poor quality. Look how happy she looks.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally, at the end of the show the girls all came out for a bow. After all the performers bowed, music began playing and the instructors told the girls to dance any way they wanted. Izzy thought this was so cool! She just bounced around and turned circles. She can't wait for the real performance tomorrow. She is super excited for her daddy and Drew to watch her dance.

Photobucket

Don't tell her, but I had a cute girlie bouquet made up for her at the florist. Pete and Drew will give it to her after the recital.

0 comments: