Thursday, June 11, 2009

Quick Trip to Charleston

Immediately after Izzy's dance recital on Saturday we headed to Charleston to check the place out. We arrived around 5:30, quickly set up our stuff at the hotel, and then headed to dinner. One of Pete co-workers hosted a dinner so we could get to know some of the other GE employees and their families. It was really nice and their house was AMAZING! They live on Daniel Island and if I lived there then I would feel like I was on vacation every day. The houses are beautiful, the lawns perfectly manicured, and people travel by golf cart. People use golf carts to take the kids to school, go to the grocery store, bank, post office, etc. How fun (and kind of creepy) is that?

On Saturday we got up and got moving (the kids didn't go to bed until nearly 11 and were up by 7:30). Pete's co-worker was super kind and gave us a tour of all the places we may want to live. He has lived in Charleston most of his life and was an awesome tour guide. After 4+ hours of the kids actually behaving in the car (thank you God), we decided they had been patient for long enough. Pete took them swimming back at the hotel while Chris and I continued to tour a few more areas. Man, there are so amazing places to live...if only money was no object :)

That night we took the kids downtown and all had a nice time just poking around. For the record, the kids were not well behaved at all while in the hotel. They were downright awful! In fact when I told Izzy that we would not be going on a horse carriage ride tomorrow like she wanted due to her behavior, her response was...are you ready? ..."that's okay mom. I didn't want to go on the carriage ride tomorrow anyway. I wanted to go on it the NEXT night." Little devil. Guess what sister, you ain't going on it the next night either!

Run little ones run. ...again, they still didn't go to bed til 11!
Photobucket

Photobucket

One of the few moments when the kids actually listened wasn't to either Pete or myself, but a fireman. We lucked out when a fireman invited the kids to check out the firetruck. Here they are inside while he explains how the horn and sirens work.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I don't know where Pete was when I took this picture? Perhaps in the lobby on a conference call. But Izzy knew that I was not happy with the their behavior. She asked if she could have a couple band-aid's and I said sure. I knew since no crying was going on that no one was hurt and she just wanted them - probably because normally I don't let her just "play" with the band-aids and she was probably deliberately trying to irritate me. Anyway, when Drew approached me looking like this, saying "ho ho ho", I couldn't help but bust up laughing. Goofs.
Photobucket
After this we had a group hug, then kissed the person to our right, and the person to our left and all was forgiven.

Monday morning arrived and the kids and I checked out a couple more areas before deciding we needed a break. ...a vacation if you will :) So, we packed up the car, left Pete in Charleston and headed to Ocean Isle Beach, NC to visit Uncle Mike and Aunt Jaclyn!

2 comments:

~aj~ said...

Impossible to stay mad when they are so darn cute, huh?

Hope ya'll had a great time!

~aj~ said...

I should say "are having". Ocean Isle Beach sounds DIVINE!