Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Feeling Lost

I am a bit out of my element right now. Drew decided to stay at camp with Izzy today. I feel completely lost right now. Part of my heart is missing. I remember this feeling when Izzy first started school and was prepared for it, but I was in no way prepared for what happened today.

Izzy is scheduled to go to camp this week on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. In addition to camp she also has dance rehearsals this week. She is going to be one tired cookie.

I dropped Izzy off in her classroom and started to leave with Drew. As we walked past the classroom Drew would be in had I registered him, I asked him if he wanted to go to camp. I was thinking someday...not today! He said, "Okay" and walked into the room. I looked at the director and asked if I could leave him. He gave me a hug and kiss and off I went. I did stop by Izzy's classroom on my way out to let her know that Drew would be staying as well. I didn't want her to be confused if she saw him outside or in the halls.

Now what to do???? 4 hours. I've got 4 hours. My head is racing at all that I should be doing, yet I walk around aimlessly because I feel so lost.

How can this little boy who refers to himself as "Baby Jesus" (this was taken last week) be old enough for camp?

Photobucket

I wonder if he will want to go back tomorrow?

*I have lots of blog catching up to do...and Aunt Jaclyn we didn't forget your birthday. We sang you a special little song that I will send you soon :)

2 comments:

Alisha said...

Couple things:
-I like the new layout/background!
-I wish I had four hours to myself
-I know you say he looks like you, but that "baby jesus" is a mini Pete

jaclyn said...

Awh! What a sweet post. How did your day end up? How did Drew do?

I'm so excited for the video, thanks!!