Friday, June 12, 2009

Ocean Isle Beach

Once the kids and I started our journey from Charleston to Ocean Isle, everyones attitude completely changed. The kids were happy and excited, and I was now relaxed and enjoying my kids again. I was pleasantly surprised by how quickly we reached some beaches we had previously vacationed at as we drove up the coast. It sure will be nice being so close to so many beaches...hopefully we can catch up with all our beach bound friends on their vacations.

We made such great time that the kids and I stopped at the Myrtle Beach outlets before heading to meet Mike and Jaclyn. Like every good mother, I bribed the kids with the promise of a toy at the Disney store if they let me poke through a couple shops. Speaking of the Disney Store, I need a couple more figurine sets so if anyone has one close by that they could pick me up some then I would appreciate it! I tried online but the set I want is not available online. Shucks.

After we were shopped out, the kids - not me, we headed to see Uncle Mike (Pete's brother) and Aunt Jaclyn. Aunt Jac's entire family had rented a beach house for a week and the kids and I decided to bless them all with our presence for 24 hours. We arrived just in time for dinner! The kids were so happy to finally have open space to run (the wrap around 2 level deck) and adults wanting to play with them. I was just happy to have a home cooked meal and others to entertain my kids.

After dinner we hopped on the golf cart and went for ice-cream. Once back at the house we watched The Bachelorette and then headed to our hotel. I was able to score a hotel room for $85 + tax. It was $169 but I told the guy I would only be there to sleep, and asked if he had a better rate. I saved almost $100 just for asking. The room was actually really nice too! Izzy had her own double bed which she thought was way cool. We even scored complimentary breakfast.

Next stop...the beach! Hopefully Uncle Mike got some good shots of the kids because I clearly did not. I think it may be time for me to finally pull the trigger and get a new fancy camera.

0 comments: