Monday, June 29, 2009

Drew's Favorite

Most that know Drew would refer to him as a "Mama's Boy". I absolutely adore him, and it seems the feeling is mutual. Heck, he won't go to camp with Izzy because "I want to stay wiff Mama. I want to be wiff Mama."

Tonight I took the kids to the pool and Pete joined us later. I had walked, while Pete drove. As I typically do I gave the kids the choice to walk home with me or drive with Pete. 99.9% of the time Izzy rides home with Pete and Drew walks home with me.

Me: Guys, do you want to walk home with me, or ride in the car with Daddy?

Izzy: I'm going with Daddy!

Drew: I wanna walk wiff you.

...so we walk out the pool entrance and begin to go our separate ways. Izzy heading to the car with Pete and Drew down the sidewalk with me.

Drew (stopped and watching Pete and Izzy walk away): Actually, I sink I want to go wiff Dada. He's my FAVORITE!!!

Me: Daddy's your favorite, huh?

Drew: Dada's my favorite, and you can be Izzy's favorite.

I just stood smiling. Another couple was approaching and she said to me, "Don't take it personally." I was no taking it personally at all! I found the entire exchange so funny.

As Drew ran to catch up with Pete and Izzy I hoped to myself that Drew's new favorite would also fix him dinner that night and put him to bed :) ...isn't that what favorites do?

1 comments:

jaclyn said...

omg, that gave me a good laugh this morning! so cute! :) So, I assume Drew's 2nd favorite still made dinner? Hope all is going well for you guys!