Wednesday, June 3, 2009

It Was Hardest on Me...

So, the morning started with me leaving both Izzy and Drew at camp. To say I was lost without Drew would be an understatement. After I dropped him off I had to call and cancel our plans with friends. Since I didn't have a child, I saw no reason to go hang out at the Science Center. Instead I went to Costco to put gas in the car, and then to Target for some things. I clearly can't function without a child - I thought I was putting gas in my car, only to have the station attendant approach my window and ask if I needed help. Apparently after inserting my debit card, I never actually put the gas nozzle into the gas tank! Can you say dumba$$.

I am ashamed to say that I accomplished very little with my 4 hours. I basically walked around like a lost puppy dog trying to figure out what to do. I picked up the kids at 1 and Izzy had a fantastic day and Drew did pretty well. They told me he asked for me a few times and would cry, but then would be just fine. They said after lunch he really perked up. SH!T...the boy didn't eat breakfast yesterday because I was taking him to breakfast after we dropped Izzy off. He must have been SO hungry!

Last night while talking to the kids about camp Drew told me, "I wanted Mama. I just wanted you, Mama." It was so heartbreaking. I also got SO many "I love you's" from him yesterday. That right there was almost worth leaving him for! He also just kissed all over me. "I want to kiss your eye. Now I want to kiss your nose. Now I kiss your wips." So, I explained to Izzy that Drew would not go to camp tomorrow, but probably would go on Thursday. She really wanted him to go, but understood that he might be too sad two days in a row. She is such a great kid and an awesome big sister!

Once we got home from camp I figured the kids would be wiped out and need some downtime before we hit the pool. Was I wrong! I think they were so excited to see one another again that they were bouncing off the walls! We chilled out for an hour or so and then headed to the pool. Both the kids went off the diving board for the first time this season. It was Drew's first time to go off the board by himself! I wish I had a video of his little face right before he jumped. He look so scared! However, as soon as he popped back up he said he wanted to do it again. They jumped over and over and over and over and over again! Finally I had to tell them that McDonalds was going to close if we didn't leave soon.

Here are a couple pool pictures. They aren't very good, but they will give the grandparents the fix they need...
Photobucket

Photobucket

We left the pool about 5 and since Pete is out of town we went through McDonald's drive through for dinner. I never thought I would say that I am excited that my kids will eat fast food, but I am. It has only been in the last couple months that I can order a happy meal (plain burger for Izzy and nuggets with ranch and ketchup for Drew) and know that they will eat it.

Once home the kids ate, and were in bed by 7! Aaaaahhhhhhh....

0 comments: