Monday, October 13, 2008

HE FINISHED!

...and we couldn't be more proud! Here is Pete after finishing the Chicago Marathon. He is holding the poster that my ever so kind BIL and SIL chased him all over the course with. Thanks Mike and Jaclyn!

Photobucket

I would also like to thank Pete's friend Paul. Pete and Paul ran the marathon together. While this was Pete's first marathon, I believe it was Paul's second. I think having Paul there to encourage Pete made the experience that much more memorable for him. Thanks Paul!

Today Pete drove from Chicago to Cleveland where he is attending the NFL Monday Night Football game between the Browns and Giants. My brother was kind enough to score Pete a ticket - although I am not sure if they are all that hard to come by?

We hope he is having fun, because once he gets home I have some curtains for him to hang...among other household "man" jobs ;)

...he may just wish he was back running the marathon...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Pete! I know how hard you have worked, well I don't but Rob does. Congrats on finishing. All of that hard work has paid off. Will you do another one? What a huge accomplishment.
Molly, you have also sacrificed so Pete could get his runs in. You deserve a pat on the back as well. Those weekends get long with the hubby running all of those miles. Pete is really lucky to have such a supportive wife and that poster was really awesome!