Thursday, October 16, 2008

Izzy's First Field Trip

Miss Iz had her first school field trip yesterday. I, as well as most of the other moms, attended. I was not keen on letting Izzy ride in someone elses car and going to a pumpkin patch where she would be one of many children under only a couple responsible adult eyes. One of the reasons I love being able to stay home with the kids is that I have the ability to go on these special outings. I know at some point Izzy will probably request that I don't accompany the class, but for now she doesn't get a vote!

So, all three of us headed out to the pumpkin patch to meet up with her class. Oh wait...not before a major Izzy meltdown.

SHE WANTED HER FINGERNAILS PAINTED! I have no idea where this even came from. Well, actually I do...both Delaney and Rylie like to have their nails painted and for whatever reason Izzy decided yesterday morning at 8:15 am she needed her nails painted too. Honestly thought, I really didn't have the time to do it. ...but I did. They turned out pretty good too. I tried to take a picture, but it just didn't do her first manicure justice so therefore I am unable to share it with all of you.

So, at 8:45 I woke up Drew, quick put him in some clothes and we all headed to the pumpkin patch (at a church). The whole program was really quite cute. First, the class headed under a tent to sit on a tarp and hear some pumpkin related stories.

While the stories were being read, Drew wandered aimlessly through the pumpkins.
Photobucket

Then he tried to pull the various stakes out of the ground surrounding the pumpkins.
Photobucket

After the stories, we headed on a hay ride through the woods. I am finding that I am just not photographing so well these days...time to look into having some work done!
Photobucket

The hayride was cute and very age appropriate. Various objects were displayed for the kids to see. This was one of the more spooky ones.
Photobucket
The hayride was the perfect length for a group of three year olds...and Drew.

After the hayride the kids colored pictures, had snack and got to pick out pumpkins.
Photobucket

Photobucket

We left the pumpkin patch and then headed with some friends across the street to a new playground. It was new to us - not newly built. It was perfect for the kids - easy to climb, in the shade, and best of all no swings! Swings can result in fighting as well as endless pushing from adults.

After the playground we headed to Brusters for some ice-cream and then home for naps and QT. Drew took a 3.5 hour nap! This was going to be the first time in nearly a week that Pete would see the kids so I wanted them to be well rested.

Once Pete arrived home, I let him jump right into Daddy mode while I went to check out a bedroom set. We have a furniture store going out of business down the street and Pete and I don't currently have a bedroom set. I saw it last week and wanted to see if it was still available and try and negotiate a bit. Once I figured out payment and such I came back home and had Pete go look at it. He likes it more than I do...so it looks like I will go try and buy a bedroom set tomorrow!

Due to Drew's extra long nap he wanted no part in going to bed. Instead he said "Mama, you wanna smuggle up a me?" How could I resist a snuggle with my littlest love? So, Pete, Drew and myself all piled into our bed and watched some baseball. Drew just kept saying, "Sing badder, badder, sing!" He was also feeding Pete and I snacks, and of course doing lots of "smuggling". We both just sat there looking at Drew and smiling at one another. I know I am his mom, but that kid is somethin extra special :)

0 comments: