Tuesday, October 14, 2008

One Busy Day

Do you remember that just a week ago I said how much I like Tuesday's. ...we have no obligations until dance at 3:30? Well, today was one of those days, only we left the house at 11:30 and did not return until 6:30! Let me tell you what kept us so busy...

We started off with a very laid back, easy going morning. Izzy got up at 7:30 and then snuggled in bed with me until 8. Then we came downstairs for some breakfast. I made her some cinnamon toast in the shape of a witch's hat. It was so good that she had two more...and some grapes. I wanted to tell her that those were eyeballs, but I thought I might freak her out.

After she ate, and I showered, we worked on her Halloween cards. We started them yesterday, but they will take a couple more days to finish. Yesterday she did the hand prints in the shapes of spiders and this morning she added some google eyes. Next we will add the word "Boo" to the front (Izzy will write it - she is really into writing words, and does a fairly decent job). Then we will also do some footprint ghosts and maybe a "Happy Halloween" (which I will hopefully get to write).
Photobucket

Drew woke at 9:30 and then we made a fun fishing game out of things around the house. I wrote the letters of the alphabet on index cards, then attached a paper clip to each one, and then we went "fishing" for letters. Izzy still mixes up "B" and "D" and an occasional "P" so I thought this might help. ...and it is way fun ;)
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

In the middle of our fishing expedition we got a call from Stephanie asking if we wanted to meet at Chick-fil-A for lunch. Hey, when Daddy's away we must play! I packed up everything we might need for dance and off we went. Couple things...I love Chick-fil-A's chicken sandwiches, but I don't recall ever taking the kids there to eat? Do you know they give you place mats for the kids? They have adhesive strips on them so you can attach them to the table. BRILLIANT! Also, if you choose to turn back in the prize included with the kids meal you can get an ice-cream cone. ...half those toys are crap anyway!

After lunch we headed to the playground. While there I changed Izzy into her dance attire. Here are Izzy and Rylie just hanging out...
Photobucket
Photobucket

From the playground we went to the bakery for a cookie and then to Target for the diapers I didn't find yesterday. Guess what...size 5 Pampers and nowhere to be found! From Target it was off to dance. After dance I decided to push the limits and head to Costco. Bless their sweet little hearts the kids were great! Finally we got back home at 6:30.

After the kids got reacquainted with their long lost toys, it had been 7 hours, it was time for baths. Major grime on those kids - fast food play area, playground and dance. Yes, a bath was a good idea. We used our fun fizz tabs again, but this time turned the water green.

Photobucket

Now I sit, typing this blog entry while waiting for Pete to arrive home. Both kids are in bed and I am looking forward to seeing Pete and now having to share him with his kids ;) I know he missed them and REALLY wanted me to keep them up, but they had a very busy day. ...not to mention Izzy has her first ever school field trip tomorrow!

0 comments: