Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Trunk or Treat

We took the kids "Trunk or Treating" at one of the local churches and the kids had a great time! Don't they look cute?

Photobucket
Sadly, that is the only picture I have of the two next to one another. I sure hope with all the photo ops coming up that I can get a decent one of them from the front.

There is this one, but it really doesn't count since you can't see their outfits.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ever since our family portraits, Izzy is posing away. Here she is prior to leaving.
Photobucket

And then while at the festival she asked for her picture to be taken while sitting here.
Photobucket

Sorry, back to my story...A couple days ago, Izzy decided that she wanted to be a pirate for Halloween. I think I put the idea in her head by telling another little friend of hers who is a pirate that I loved her costume and someday I want to be a pirate. Anyway, I explained to Izzy that she already had a costume, and if she didn't want to wear it then that would be fine, but we would not be able to go trick or treating. She was upset but said she still wanted to go. She brought this up enough times over 36 hours that I was getting quite annoyed. Yes, I did pick her costume and maybe that wasn't right? So, the morning of Trunk or Treating Izzy comes to me with these sad eyes and says, "Mom, can I ask you something? Why didn't I get to pick my costume?" She got me. I told her she was right and I would look for a pirate costume for her but wasn't sure if I would find it. I also know Izzy and figured she would want to match Drew if we "ooohh'd and aaahhh'd" over him enough. I was right.

While Trunk or Treating I think every single person commented on how cute they looked. Granted Drew's costume is a bit fruity, but he just turned 2 and next year he can be some mean and nasty villain. This year he is my little Raggedy Andy. Standing alone he looks silly, but when the two are next to one another it is adorable!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Funny Drew story...
We explained to Drew that he needed to walk up to the car, hold out his bag and say "trick or treat" (we have been practicing at home). He will then get a treat and he should say, "Thank you. Happy Halloween." First car Drew watches Izzy and then goes in for a piece of candy himself. Great. Well, then Drew turns around to find a group of kids standing behind him with buckets full of candy. He just starts plucking candy out of the buckets and saying "thank you, thank you, thank you". The kids were too stunned to do anything. ...and of course all the adults just laughed.

Photobucket

After the kids got some candy we went inside to play games. Each game cost $.25 and were all geared for kids under 5. It was so much fun for Izzy. She did really really well and of course collected more candy as prizes. Drew didn't play any games, but I did buy him lots of $.25 candy as he kept snagging it out of the baskets. All in all we spend $7 and the money went to the youth mission trip.

Photobucket

8 of our tickets were used for a hayride. No pictures from that because I was wedged down between a couple barrels of hay with Drew on my lap to keep him from hanging over the side!

Here is a random picture that I took of Izzy. The shot itself isn't very good, but I just think it is just so her...
Photobucket

Once we got home, I stooped down to take the kids shoes off and felt a twinge in my left ankle. As the night went on, I was unable to move my toes, put pressure on my foot, etc. ...story for another day, but it turns out I tore a ligament. HUH? you ask? ...my thoughts exactly!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey girl, great halloween outfits...they look so cute! sorry to hear about your foot...hope you're back up and running around soon! take it easy for a few days if you can!

Christie said...

Those are the cutest costumes I have ever seen!

Christie

Corey~living and loving said...

oh my....they do look darling. sigh....soooooooo cute!

happy Halloween!