Friday, November 21, 2008

First Snow

Well, it's not quite the lake effect snow from Cleveland, but for a 3 year old snow is snow. This morning we woke up to a light dusting of snow in our yard. And I do mean light. Here is a shot out our front door.

Photobucket

As soon as Izzy saw it she needed to play in it. So, at 7:20, outside Izzy and I went while the boys were still snoozing.

Here she is noticing the mark her shoes leave on the steps.
Photobucket

We aren't really prepared for snow down in these parts so she wore her pj's, her warm fuzzy jacket (which thankfully still fits from last year), some too small mittens and her tennis shoes. I actually looked for her rain boots, but I couldn't find them. I think they are in the back of my car. I figured we wouldn't be out there long.

Checking out the snow
Photobucket

Tasting the snow
Photobucket

And then she just plopped down to make a snow angel
Photobucket

After about 7 minutes we came in for some hot chocolate. She loves to work the new coffee pot which also make hot chocolate.
Photobucket
...now that she knows it does I am sure she will ask for it daily!

Delish!
Photobucket

Another difference between here, Cleveland, and Denver is that Izzy's school was on a 2 hour delay today! Refer to the first picture to see how much snow we got. It wasn't too cold for the kids to be outside waiting for the bus, nor were the roads icy? So, I have no idea why we were on a delay. All I know is that it messed up my morning errand plans.

After school Izzy and I made and frosted some cookies. I will share those pictures later as photobucket is not cooperating with me!

1 comments:

Kristin said...

My other NC friends (Katie and Jessica) warned me that NC would shut down for the amount Denver got the other day.

They weren't kidding...a 2 hour delay? For that???