Monday, November 17, 2008

Tidbits...

Oh, I feel like it has been so long since I have done a real blog entry...and I am not yet ready to start today. I have been so busy getting stuff together for both Thanksgiving and Christmas. I recently found out that both my brothers, and possibly my dad, will be here for a week at Thanksgiving. Then for Christmas my mom and stepdad will be here, and possibly my brothers again! I am BEYOND excited to have visitors for both of these holidays.

BUT...being the planner that I am, I've been making lists, buying entirely too much stuff (including a sleeper sofa), and trying to get organized. I've also been hanging curtains, making a picture wall, and donating an obscene amount of clothing and baby items to charity.

Add to it some secret stuff I can't talk about yet...and let's just say that I have been busy. I am happy to report that all the holiday shopping for the kids has been done, as well as 90% of Pete's...and about 75% of the remaining folk.

So, today I have just a few random pictures that I came across from the past couple of weeks that I wanted to share.

Izzy and I have been very busy making lots of crafts. Some for fun and others as gifts for the holidays. Izzy and Drew will be making all of their gifts and I am really excited to see how they turn out. Unfortunately I won't be able to show pictures as we make them for fear of ruining some holiday gifts...

Here we are just doing some festive fall foamies.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Izzy has developed my love for baking. Here she is trying a new apple cinnamon muffin recipe (it is supposed to be really healthy).
Photobucket

We had one really fun day when Jen, Delaney and Mia decided to surprise us with a long afternoon visit. We all had so much fun! Drew and Mia both napped and the girls spent the majority of the time playing with one another which allowed Jen and I to visit. Jen and I were even able to enjoy lunch - sitting down!

The girls got creative and used these couch cushions as "horsey rides".
Photobucket

Photobucket

All that playing can make girls hungry. What better snack then homemade (from a bag) chocolate chip cookies. The chefs...
Photobucket

Photobucket

And finally, one day while I was attempting to clean out our guest room (ie: room for all things I need quickly out of sight, old clothes, toys for rotation, ...you get the point) I left the kids downstairs to play. Typically our tv is on in the family room and the kids will bounce between our playroom and family room. I could hear them downstairs playing, laughing and just having a really good time. No wonder...

Photobucket
The little stinkers had put the chairs on top of the coffee table, gotten a snack of cereal and were watching tv! Thank goodness Izzy isn't too daring...

To be coming soon: Izzy and Pete's date, and "I" week at school.

1 comments:

Kristin said...

Secret stuff??? I can't wait!