Monday, November 10, 2008

Science Center

One of the reasons that I was "Footloose and Camera Free" last week was because I hadn't uploaded pictures in quite sometime and had no memory left on my card. So, now that I finally uploaded some pictures I have some that I want share.

Last week we went to the Science Center. It was a free day to boot - bonus! These pictures were actually taken last month when we went on the free day, but since I never did a post for them, I thought better late then never.

Our Science Center is really great. When our Children's Museum membership expires I will not be renewing it, but rather I will get a membership here. The last time we visited the SC was a year ago for Drew's first birthday. There is a mini-zoo, a petting zoo, and an indoor interactive museum. ...and did I mention that today was free :)

The kids were off and running from the moment I said, "go"
Photobucket

First stop was the petting zoo. I couldn't get the door opened fast enough for Drew. What will follow are a series of pictures - explanations aren't really necessary.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next up - milking the cow.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Then we headed over to one of the indoor critter houses. We found an employee who was kind enough to take out a couple animals for the kids to pet. I guess this employee must have known that my least favorite animals are snakes and ferrets!

Drew, wanna touch a snake?
Photobucket

...or squeeze him?
Photobucket

Why does she have to love all things furry?
Photobucket

Our last stop, nearly two hours later, was the indoor play area. First up was a little grocery shopping.
Photobucket

There are three different rooms to play in. The favorite room, and only room we had time to play in today, was a room with a grocery store, mini house, vet clinic, garden area, reading corner, large water table, and a 4 person bouncy thing.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And Izzy's favorite shot of the day was this one of Drew - we have no idea why he continued to do this over and over and over again?
Photobucket

0 comments: