Thursday, September 18, 2008

Apple Picking

Hooray, today was the day we finally made it apple picking. When Izzy woke up this morning she came into my room and as soon as I opened my eyes she said, "We are going apple picking today, hooray!" And then when she saw Pete the first thing she said to him was, "Daddy, I am going apple picking today!" Pete said that someone sure was excited.

She had a great time plucking the apples from the trees with her friends Delaney and Ian. Here is Izzy ready to head to the orchard with her bucket in hand!
Photobucket
It was great because as we were heading out to the orchards all the school children who were there were just finishing up. It was just us, the trees and the bees. This was a different location then the one we went to before, and it was great because there were so many branches that were low enough for the kids to reach.

Here is Drew heading to the orchards with a random apple that he picked up off the ground.
Photobucket

Picking some apples
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

After all our picking we had a nice picnic lunch and then headed home. I, however, left behind my stroller, Izzy's shoes, cooler, and camera. Thankfully Delaney spotted my stroller and Jen put everything in her car. I then met her at the grocery store and was able to reclaim my things.

Once we got home both kids went down for naps and quiet time. After that Izzy and I made some apple dumplings and apple crisp. It turned out yummy!

Now I just need to figure out what to do with the other 18 apples!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

I've been so wanting to pick apples once fall arrived...but if it's already "fall" there???? I hope I haven't missed out.

We don't have an orchard super close by so we'll have to be up for a drive. We love apple crisps and such.

I'm glad Delaney had such a keen eye to look out for your stuff!

Alisha said...

where is this?