Sunday, September 14, 2008

Friday Funday

Well, now that my weekend is almost over I have a ton of catching up to do. This post will be dedicated to our Friday fun and then I will post another entry to catch up on some of Izzy's school stuff and the rest of our weekend.

Friday found Pete waking at 5am to catch a flight to LA for the Saturday game between Ohio State and USC. His weekend was not what he had hoped for...and Ohio State lost. Both legs of his flight had layovers in Houston. He made it to LA, but is still having trouble getting home.

Onto the rest of us. Izzy had school so we got her up, fed, dressed and off to school. Then Drew and I came home to pack up our things for our fun afternoon. We were heading to meet some friends about an hour away at a fun park.

This is just part of a huge playground that was there.
Photobucket

Izzy and Drew really liked these swings. I felt like I was buckling them in a roller coaster.
Photobucket

Due to the rain that we had earlier in the day the carousel and train ride were closed. No worries though because there were still plenty of activities to be had...such as the mini-zoo.

We saw bears
Photobucket

A bald eagle
Photobucket

A woodchuck -which was my favorite
Photobucket

Many attempts were made to get the four kids picture taken together. We either ended up with a shot from behind...
Photobucket

Or something like this...
Photobucket
Photobucket

I did manage to get a couple cute shots while we played on a smaller play aread by the zoo area.

Meet Julia (one week older than Drew)
Photobucket

My wackadoos acting wacky...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next was a stop at the petting zoo. Drew and Julia couldn't get enough of this goat. ...and the goat couldn't get enough of them.
Photobucket

It was after I snapped this picture that I realized Julia had a banana and Drew had some cookies.
Photobucket

Check out the sign behind Izzy
Photobucket

Got ya!
Photobucket

Then we headed over to the snake pit...Izzy is standing on a stone snake.
Photobucket

Finally I was able to get a shot of Luke
Photobucket

Now there are two things that my kids would probably rate as "their favorite". I am not sure if one was any better than the other.

The first was finding a grasshopper. This was such a thrill for them that they searched for more once we got home, and the following day. This grasshopper was a little slow or kid friendly. He would only hop away if my kids touched him, which they found hysterical, otherwise the little guy would just sit completely still.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally we stripped them down and the kids ran wild in the sprinklers.
Photobucket

Photobucket

This is right after Izzy took a shot of water in the face.
Photobucket

And I think Drew just got hit with some too.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Although a couple attractions were closed due to the rain, the one benefit was that the park was nearly empty. It was nice to let the kids wander freely. As long as they were within sight it was all good!

1 comments:

Kristin said...

Too bad Pete is still stuck! I would love a weekend away just to go to a game! Wow!

And those swings are like the ones they have at some of the "sensory" parks here that the disabled children can use. We love them too, though!

Looks like a REALLY fun Friday!!!