Friday, September 26, 2008

Guess Who's Two...DREW!

Two years ago today we were blessed with a beautiful blue eyed, blond haired bouncing baby boy. Andrew Joseph was born at 3:53 am and weighed in at 8 pounds even. He was 21.5 inches long. Since he was born via c-section he came out with a perfectly round head, and equally round cheeks!

Here is his first family picture. I wish I could find the picture Pete took on his cell phone because it is so cute...but I can't locate it?
Photobucket

The first year was a bit of a blur. I remember thinking on more than one occasion that this wasn't as hard or as exhausting as I thought it would be. I also thought I did a pretty good job going with the flow and not disrupting Izzy's routine too much. Drew learned early on to just go with the flow. He was a wonderfully easy baby compared to his high maintenece sister. He had my heart from the moment he was born...and still does.

Drew walked at 10 months. ...and ran by 10.5 months. He has been on the go ever since. Here he is the day he turned one.
Photobucket
Photobucket

One year later, at age TWO, here is my Drew-drew.
Photobucket
Isn't he so handsome. I will say that this last year has found our lives to be much "easier" for a lack of better word. Drew and Izzy have the relationship that I had hoped for. They play well together 99% of the time. I find that I have more time to actually enjoy life these days. Izzy is the most wonderful big sister and loves to mother her brother.

So his birthday was quite a fun filled day. First let me fill you in on Drew's 2 year well visit stats.

He weighs 29 lbs. 12oz.
He is 35.5 inches long
His head measures 19.5 in.

There.

So, while Izzy had school, the birthday boy and I ran a couple errands. I did not plan a birthday party for Drew this year. However I did order a cake with The Cat in the Hat on it. The smallest cake I could order was a 1/4 sheet. For our cake-loving family that was just fine. I thought I should at least get some child like party plates and maybe some balloons. So, we made our way to the Dollar Store. Drew picked out Seasame Street party supplies. ...he didn't have many options at the Dollar Store.

It was after I picked Izzy up from school that I thought maybe we should have a few people over for an impromptu birthday party. Heck, we had a big enough cake. So, I called some friends and an impromptu party was in the works.

Befor our party we had plans to attend an open tumbling gym. The kids and I had never been to this facility, but we had been wanting to go. We met up with some friends and had SO much fun. The kids bounced on trampolines, balanced on beams, swam through foam pits and basically exhausted themselves.

Here are the kids waiting for the doors to open. I just love how Drew crawled over and hugged Izzy - and the look of joy on her face.
Photobucket

Bouncing
Photobucket

Swimming
Photobucket

Izzy and Rylie just sitting pretty
Photobucket

I am not sure why I have no pictures of Drew...oh wait, I do know...I couldn't keep up with him! And when I did catch up to him I usually had to pull him off of an aparatus that he wasn't supposed to be on. Therefore, I was unable to snap pictures.

We got home from the tumbling place at 5:30. I had told everyone to come over anytime after 6. The guests were to include: Rylie and family (who went tumbling with us), Delaney and family (who was also tumbling with us), and Jack and family. As you can see we basically invited parents we like to hang out with and children the same age as Izzy. Sorry Drew.

Before any guests arrived, Izzy wanted Drew to open the present she picked out for him. She bought it the weekend I was out of town while shopping with Pete.
Photobucket
Drew's first Buzz Lightyear. Izzy has since told me that she would like to take this for Show and Share at school one day.

Here are a couple other presents.
Drew has recently really gotten into "search and find" books. Look at the concentration.
Photobucket

Mr. Handsome and his new airplane. I forget who makes this plane but it is super flexible, is supposed to withstand any toddler torment and is dishwasher safe.
Photobucket

A way cool boy toy from Jack. Here is Stephanie (Rylie's mommy) helping to get it out of the box by unwrapping the hundred twist-ties.
Photobucket

Drew got lots of other presents as well. Pete got him a basketball hoop which has brought lots of fun 2 on 1 games between Pete and the kids.

As previously mentioned Drew's cake was a Cat in the Hat theme. Drew loves anything Cat in the Hat (by Dr. Suess as he always adds) and was most excited that he got to play with the cake topper after we took it off. Give the kid a basketball hoop and he wants a plastic cake topper. Go figure.
Photobucket
This is Drew blowing out the candle. Izzy and I had been practicing with him for 2 days on how to blow out candles. He got it first try while I was video taping so this picture is actually Drew blowing out his candle for the second time.
Photobucket
...yup, we like cake so much that we just pick the whole darn piece up. No time for cutting.

Because I planned this party six hours earlier, I had no party bags made up for our guests. ...but I did have a fully filled pinata. Why, you ask? Well, let me tell you. We brought that pinata home from our WV Swyt Family Reunion trip (never did blog about it) in July. We were going to use is at our "Cinco de Swyto" party but never got around to it. So, Swyt family loss...Drew's birthday gain. The kids loved it and there was no fighting over candy because we had plenty for everyone. Each child filled the festive party bags I provided (ala ziploc gallon size) at least half full.

Photobucket

The girls getting ready
Photobucket

Birthday boy taking a whack at it
Photobucket

And finally the loot
Photobucket

Happy Birthday Sweet Boy. We love you!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

awe...so cute! what a fun day!