Tuesday, August 5, 2008

6+ Hours

The kids and I spend over 6 joyous hours at the pool today. You may wonder how we pulled that off when Drew still naps? Well, the little bugger didn't get up until 11 today! Yes, you read that correctly, 11.

I knew I was in for either a extra long nap or a really late morning waking after he skipped his nap a couple days ago.

Typically we walk to the pool with all our gear. Here's how I do it: I push both kids, while carrying the beach bag (which has 4 towels, sunblock, shampoo, lotion, diaper, swim diaper, pj's and a medical kit) underneath; and over my shoulder I carry two round floats, a bag of beach toys, and a cooler. Finally, resting on the pushbar of the stroller are the kids swim vests. But, today I drove. We had invited some friends to meet us and I wanted to make sure we had plenty of snacks so I took the bigger cooler. Both our hubbies were working late so we planned to spend the day at the pool and then order pizza for dinner. That is what we did ;) After dinner the kids swam some more, showered up and got dressed in pj's.

As soon as we got home, I put on a show for the kids, gave them a snack(popcorn, bread and raisins) and put them to bed!

Do you think they were tired?

Photobucket

1 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm impressed! 6 hours! Yowsa.

Um, your kids "snack" could easily feed my children 3 times each. :0