Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Last Pool Day?

This truly is a post that I have done to document a typical summer evening at our pool. I took the camera to the pool on what I believe will be our last decent pool day. I have plenty of pool pictures, but very little video coverage. Pete was not with me so it made getting videos that much more difficult. A couple of times I had to the ditch the camera to jump in after an overzealous Drew. I wanted to remember great this summer turned out to be - I was so scared going into the summer of how I would handle two non-swimmers at the pool. I miss Denver terribly, but summer nights at our pool are hard to beat!

I am holding out hope we make it to the pool again before we have to head indoors to swim. But if not, here will be a reminder of my summer days.



Of course I will also need to remember the pool showers. I will fondly remember my evening of swimming followed by bathing my kids outdoors so that they would be ready for bed. Now if only we would have been smart enough to remodel the kids bath while it wasn't being used! Summer nights didn't get much better.

These pictures are more for me to remember the outdoor showers. I had promised the kids as soon as the showers were over and pj's were on that we would play on the playground. The showers were quick and not full of fun water play.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Goodbye pool...til next year.

1 comments:

Kristin said...

They are both great little swimmers! I wish we had a neighborhood pool.