Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rain Rain Go Away

We got hit with rain. I'm not even sure what hurricane the rain might be from, but we've got it!

Here is my backyard.



The creek continued to spill over so Pete parked himself next to it as he tried to figure out what our next move should be.

Photobucket

It amazes me how far the water came up. Typically the water is about 30 feet or so past the clustering of trees.

Photobucket

After the water started to subside the kids and I headed to the mall to meet up with a new friend. We were actually supposed to go over to their house this morning for a play date but because of our possible flood situation I felt it better for us to stay home. Once our situation was under control we decided to all meet at the mall.

We had SO MUCH FUN! I typically take the kids to "Murder Mall" about once a week for no other reason then to get yummy cookies and kill some time. It was fun going with some friends. We met our new friends Stephanie and Rylie at the pool this summer - they just moved here and didn't know a soul. Imagine us being one some of the first people you meet. Lucky them :)

The kids were all so well behaved and really had fun playing together. Stephanie let my kids in on a little secret - that you are allowed to play with and pet the puppies at the pet store. I have always told my kids that the puppies at the pet store are just for looking at. We refer to the pet store as the "mini zoo". Darn you Stephanie. It actually killed quite a bit of time and my kids LOVED playing with the puppies. No fear by either of them, although I do think Drew is allergic just like his Daddy. I, being the smart mom I am, taught Stephanie that not all rides "ride". Therefore Stephanie won't have to shell out $.75 for every ride Rylie wants to go on.

When we returned from the mall I was shocked how much the water had gone down. If it wasn't raining again so hard, and we weren't under a tornado watch, then I would take a picture to show you. Chances are with the rain it will just go back to the first picture on this post!

...Pete is bringing home dinner tonight. SCORE!

0 comments: