Monday, August 4, 2008

Swimming Smiles

I am not sure when I will find the time to share our WV trip with everyone? It looks as if we have many fun things planned over the next couple of days.

We never did make it to the pool on Saturday evening, but we did go late yesterday afternoon. I was only able to get some pictures while the kids were in the baby pool. If we were in the big pool the kids wanted to be "vest free" which meant I had to concentrate on them not drowning. The one time both kids had the vests on in the big pool happened to be when they were going off the diving board. Yes, BOTH kids went off the board. However, Drew requires an adult to follow behind him as he likes to walk on all fours, bottom up in the air, down the board :) Goon.

Lucky for us the baby pool was virtually empty! That meant no bigger kids running, splashing or potentially knocking my kids over. I don't really worry about Izzy as much as I do Drew. Both kids were happy to float around on kickboards.

Photobucket

Izzy just chillin
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Drew floating
Photobucket

If you remember Izzy's pole dancing pictures from the beginning of summer then you might just recognize this pole. Here the kids are using it for a game of "Ring Around the Rosie".
Photobucket

Photobucket

I love that Izzy has some "eyes for Drew" because it is typically the other way around.
Photobucket

Drew decided to abort the game for an early "we all fall down".
Photobucket

...now "we ALL fall down"
Photobucket

...and stay down...
Photobucket

Another favorite game among the kids is playing tag around this big round concrete thing! It is not, however, a favorite of mine due to the major blind spot for me. I either need to stand up and move (can't I just relax at the pool?) or keep my fingers crossed that Drew comes back around. In case you haven't noticed he has no fear. He also doesn't walk in the pool. It seems if he is using his feet to get around in the water then he either needs to run or hop - and splashing all the way! He is not careful by any means.

Photobucket

Here are a series of pictures of what my typical view of Drew tends to look like.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally a picture of my Izzy that I had to share because I think she just looks so pretty. And look how light her hair is getting.

Photobucket

0 comments: