Sunday, August 31, 2008

Teacher Meet and Greet

I felt that I prepared Izzy as best I could for a new school year. We read some great books - my favorite being "What to Expect at Preschool" - and had some very intense conversations. Her biggest concern was that she would have new teachers. She really loved her teachers from last year so I knew this would be a potential problem. I explained to her that she would have some old school friends in her class, as well as meet new school friends. It really helped that her best school friend Sarah would be in her class again this year.

I think she was both excited and nervous for the teacher meet and greet. I could not get a straight smile out of her.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Posing with Pete on her way out...
Photobucket

Photobucket

I didn't get much information from either Pete or Izzy when they came home. Izzy said she likes her new teachers and that was about it. Pete told me that not much happened. The kids and parents just hung out and played for 45 minutes. I knew that was the plan so I didn't expect much more detailed info.

I do know that Izzy had her picture taken in a pair of sunglasses for the new bulletin boards the teachers were going to put up. They wanted to have pictures of the kids for them to see on the first day. I sure hope Izzy gave them a better smile then I got.

Keep your fingers crossed for her first day on Wednesday!

1 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm so glad Pete got to have his day! :)