Friday, August 22, 2008

7:15 am

I am sure many of you have checked back numerous times just waiting for me to post about our morning wake-up time. Well, there you have it. It was 7:15 when a sweet little someone came into my room to say good morning. I wish is was later, but really once school starts I wake her at 7:30 so this is good. I can't complain because it is better than 6 something.

Drew didn't get up until 9:30. That meant Izzy and I had two hours of just us to play. Lord, two hours is a long time with a three year old ;) We read new library books, made muffins and then did a caterpillar craft.

For the first time I let my control freak self allow Izzy to put the muffin batter into the pan. She actually did a really good job. We made 12 mini-muffins and one heart shaped muffin.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Once Drew was up the kids ate 8 of the 12 muffins.

The library we went to yesterday has an art room in it. The current theme is bugs. Izzy was having such a great time copying all the various stations crafts that she didn't want to leave. Unfortunately for her, Drew pooped and I didn't want to change him in the bathroom. The library is VERY quiet and I knew Drew would scream and pitch a huge fit if I changed him in the bathroom. So we left.

We decided to recreate some of the crafts at home. So far we have done a caterpillar. I also saw some cute fingerprint bugs that we will try later.
Photobucket
I had to practice some self control, again, when Izzy chose to attach the legs to the front of the caterpillar where I would have rather attached them to the back. Oh well...it is HER caterpillar and not mine. *I did make one and attach my legs to the back*


We have a birthday party to attend tonight up at our pool. It is for a 6 year old girl. We just got the invite last night so I had limited time to get a gift. The kids have been asking to go to the mall for dinosaur cookies so it all worked out. If you know the mall then you know I am limited in where to shop for a 6 year old girl. I went to Claire's and think I did okay. For those of you who aren't familiar with the mall it is nicknamed "Murder Mall". Really the only reason to go there is for soft pretzels and cookies...and Build A Bear.

That's all I've got. I am going to finish eating the chocolate fudge frosting out of the can and then head to the pool~

0 comments: