Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sounds Silly or Silly Sounds?

I hate that my memory is terrible. I swear that whenever my kids say something that I find comical, or simply sounds funny because of the pronuciation that I WILL remember it. I mean I should be able to remember it for a few days, right? Not me, even if I try and write it down shortly after the words have been uttered, I sometimes still don't get it right.

So, here are some things I want to remember.

Izzy

I was having particularly rough time getting Izzy to bed one evening. She was overtired and I was ready for the day to end. I tried to put her to bed, which is typically relatively quick and painless. This evening however she had gotten out of bed three times to come downstairs just cause. I took her back upstairs to her room and told her that this was it. No more! She looked at me very seriously and said, "I am not going to play with you anymore if you don't let me get out of bed when I want to". I had lots of snappy comments I wanted to shoot back at her with, but I refrained.

I was trying to pack for vacation and Drew was in the bathtub with Izzy playing lifeguard for me. I peeked in and found Izzy sitting on the edge of the tub, washing behind Drew's ears with a washcloth and saying "You're gonna be so handsome little boy for our trip."

I took this picture in the mirror because I didn't want the kids to see me.
Photobucket

We were at Starbucks recently and I asked Izzy if she wanted a muffin or a scone. Her reply, "Today I'll have a muffin. I think I'll have a scone tomorrow." It was just so matter of fact like we are regulars?

"Wait one mim-mut" while holding her finger up. This was something Izzy said right around the time Drew was born and Pete and I still say it, just cause.

Drew

"Here my am!" for "Here I am"

"Wait or me!" for "Wait for me"

Drew looking to me and saying "I smell" after he pooped.

Me asking Drew "Did you poop?" and him throwing his hands up in the air and saying "Ta-da!"

While at Bruster's I aked Drew if he wanted an ice-cream cone. He said he wanted a "nilla one with eyes and pringles (sprinkles)." I said "okay" and he looked at me all serious and said "Thank you so much mama. Thank you."

Things have gone from being "pity" (pretty) to "boo-a-ful". I especially like when I put something on and my 22 month old tells me it is "boo-a-ful".

This happened a couple months ago. Drew got a booger out of his nose and held it up on his finger and said to me, "Booger. Eat it! Eat it, Mama! Num-num."

I am sure none of these quotes do the kids justice as they are so much better when you hear them in person. Drew is also fond of saying "Oh yuck! Ewwww, gross." Here is just a clip of the gross part.

1 comments:

The Grider Diaries said...

I loke the white butt cheek hanging out of the t-shirt. It's cute.