Thursday, August 21, 2008

I Sent Him Out For A Cheap Clock...

Isabelle has been getting up earlier and earlier lately. She used to sleep until at least 8, if not 8:30, everyday. Then it was 7:30 and now more recently a few minutes past 7. The last two days have had her up before 7!!! Even while on vacation with, no real down time, and late nights she was still up before 7:30.

Well, I decided she needed a clock in her room. I explained to her that we were getting her a clock and that she could come out of her room and find me once the first number on the clock said 7 or 8. I asked her if she wanted me to cover the last two numbers. No. I asked her if she wanted me to hang a number 7 and 8 on her wall to remind her of the appropriate times she could get up. Her response "No Mom. I know what a 7 and 8 look like already." Well good. She then says to me, "Mom, I can't know when there is a 7 or 8on the clock if you don't put a clock in my room." No kidding smarty pants!

So, Pete's job was to buy Izzy a cheap clock. I'm thinking he can easily find on under $10. Heck, I don't want anything fancy, just numbers. He tried the drug stores and grocery stores. No cheap clocks. The clocks had iPod docking stations and such and were no less than $40. So, he goes online (via phone) and researches kid clocks and where to buy one. He brings home the Disney Princess Alarm Clock Radio which also projects magical stars around your room. It wasn't cheap by my standards. It was $25 or so he says :)

IZZY WENT HOG WILD when Pete gave it to her. She flipped her lid! I swear I can't remember the last time I saw her so excited over something? Honestly I don't know if she was that excited over her bike? She had so many thank yous and I love yous that it was worth every darn dollar. Pete reminded me that she had asked for a radio in her room (I talked her down from the requested tv). He also thought the magical stars might serve as a new nite-light to replace the dimmed lamp she insists on having on.

I put her to bed and she asked if she could play her music. Oh, greatest feature of all...is that you can set it so the radio doesn't play, but some Disney princess music does. I imagine she will figure out how to change the settings pretty quickly, but for now when she turns on the radio it plays princess music so she will never get stuck on loud static. It doesn't get much better than a toddler, twirling around in her ballet slippers while dancing to princess music and laying kiss after kiss on her daddy ;) Pete's little princess for sure!

So, fingers crossed that she won't come out of her room before 7. I think tomorrow will be easy because when she wakes up she will just start playing with her clock.

Oh, and the stars did work as a nite-light. I was told she didn't need the other light on. Although she was perplexed as to how Pete knew that there would be stars that lit up in the dark since he bought it during the daytime?

Keep your fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Sounds like a total find!

We, on the other hand, really did get a cheap clock. And a year ago or whenever we started this we DO have the last two numbers covered. I don't want him seeing that it's 6:47 and trying to make a case for "it's 7!!!" Because that's what he does on the car and microwave clocks. :)

The Grider Diaries said...

Oh, what a cute story. We bought that clock for Alexa and Taylor. Delaney has been begging for one ever since. I'm really going to get pressured now!