Friday, August 22, 2008

Dr. Seuss

Drew's latest obsession is Dr. Seuss books. He loves "Green Eggs and Ham" and "The Cat in The Hat". He also likes a dvd we have that sings a song about "Sneetches".

His attention span isn't too long and we usually only get through about 4-5 pages before he walks away. Usually he comes right back and wants to start all over. Pete loved these books growing so I let Pete reminisce about his childhood while he reads to Drew.

A current favorite of mine is how when you ask Drew a question he responds with "Okay, yessss. Yesssss". He has progressed from my last favorite of "Ooooo-kay" (with a long drawn out 'O').

If you listen closely you can hear Drew answer Pete with an "Okay, yesss. Yessss" when Pete asks if he wants to read "Green Eggs and Ham" by Dr. Seuss. I just wish he answered with as much gusto as he usually does.



Oh, and I do know that Izzy's pj shirt was on backwards in the last post. She actually knew as well, but I told her if she wanted to wear it that way to bed it was fine with me. ...so she did.

0 comments: